Monday, March 26, 2012

Focus

As we prepare for Palm Sunday and the start of Holy Week, no matter how many times I read the story the line, "He set his face towards Jerusalem" always stops me and causes me to reflect.

The line speaks of a clear intention, a focus, a lived commitment to one's why. The line marks the beginning of the final journey to Jerusalem and the Passion.

I would like that kind of commitment and intention. Instead, my attention would be more on watching Jesus and certainly not knowing what was to come. I would be high-fiving and celebrating loudly at the Palm Sunday parade and missing the bigger picture, that the event was the start of something, not the main reason.

The passion and the humanity on full display draws us to Holy Week; the insight into the Christ and the revelation of a God of radical love re-members us to who we are.

Make the journey of Holy Week. Commit to attending the services. Be intentional about the events of the week.

Read. Reflect. Respond. Renew.

sj;

No comments:

Post a Comment