Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Words to actions


My spirituality is strengthened and shaped by the words, witness, and women of the Mount Saint Benedict Monastery in Erie, PA. During my daily reflection time so many of their writings shape my reading and response.

In regard to the recent violence and the saber rattling of some and our too quick response to hit back, I offer these words from the World Peace Prayer may they be the signposts on our individual and corporate journies:

"Lead me from death to life,
from falsehood to truth,

Lead me from despair to hope,
from fear to trust,

Lead me from hate to love,
from war to peace,

Let peace fill my heart, my world, my universe"

Lead on;

sj;

2 comments:

  1. very nice...very calming in such tumultuous times....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The words bring peace and I believe peace in our minds and hearts will lead to peace in our actions.
      It is a beginning;

      Delete