Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Light Lessons

A friend was needing to buy a birthday present for her friend's little boy. She asked for advice and I shared that one of the best gifts to buy a kid is a flashlight.

Through the ages a flashlight holds its own as a power gift and favorite of children.

I think kids are fascinated by the way the light breaks through the darkness.

Carrying a flashlight gives a kid both courage and power.

Let’s be honest a major part of the fun in sleeping out was the chance to bring your flashlight. Remember summer evenings playing flashlight tag?

As is so with most things, children teach us a lot and when given the opportunity we should listen more, observe more, and realize their wisdom.

Any kid with the light wants to be out front and taking the lead.

Any kid with the light loves to look out for those with her and shine her light to help others on the path.

Any kid with the light confidently and with great seriousness takes on the responsibility given to being a light bearer.

Flashlights may not carry the same cool factor they did when we were children. However, the need to bear and bring the light remains…..be like a child.

sj;

1 comment:

  1. NO I NEVER HAD A FLASHLIGHT. I didn't even know I was deprived by not having one, but I shall add this to my list of complaints. I think I shall buy myself a designer flashlight to make up for old wounds I didn't know I had until reading this. AND, I am going to buy my five-year-old-"niece" her own liberating flashlight. She will have a ball.

    ReplyDelete