Sunday, April 7, 2013

Here's a thought...

The wonderful and it’s-about-time sunshine has brought people out to parks and benches and grassy lawns. Wonderful!

Yesterday, while out with the crowd, there was a gaggle of girl scouts and their leaders. The girls were wearing their sashes emblazoned with badges and patches. One patch in particular caught my attention: “World Thinking Day.” How, I wondered does one earn that badge? What are the possibilities that can be realized through pondering?

I researched the “World Thinking Day” badge and found it has been around since 1926! As I understand it the point is to connect girl scouts to their global sisters in thinking about and being thankful for one another and to raise funds to assist in addressing global problems.

Thinking of and being thankful for another is one of the coolest ways to earn a badge! Who is in your thoughts today? Who are you missing? Who was featured in the last story you shared that evoked warm memories of time shared?

Be thankful for those persons.

Send a hand-written note to let the persons know you are thinking of them.

Do something that supports the cause or interest of the person.

I’m not sure if I can get you a badge to add to your sash, yet, I know that doing these actions will bring you a full heart.

sj;

1 comment:

  1. World Thinking Day.... Hmmm. Connecting to Global Sisters and expressing thankfulness to them. I like it. SO...thank you for your blog! Even though it is not a hand-written note, I appreciate you taking the time to share great thoughts. I'll for that badge for you. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete