Monday, November 17, 2014

Riddle me this....

So, it's National Puzzle Week ---- happy?

My mother kept her mind sharp and nimble by doing puzzles. She did the "Jumble" in the daily paper and every day my brother would print off an AARP puzzle. Truth be told, I frequently assisted on these efforts, although she was a more than adequate solver of word puzzles, riddles and make-you-thinks.

Due to my English-major self and my whole numbers are icky view, I don't do SODOKU.

I am horrible at the hands-on "take apart this puzzle and put it back together again" things. My spatial knowledge blows. Anytime I solve one of those it is total luck.

I like a New York Times crossword every now and then --- NOTE: Earlier in the week (Monday through Wednesday) they are a lot easier.

I have grown fond of the free app "Quiz Up" and recommend it most highly. One plays against the clock and a player from anywhere in the world in answering 7 questions on the topic of one's choosing. Is fun and one may get lucky and get to play someone from Uzbekistan in Baseball....stomp city!

I like folks who think.
I like folks who can pun.
I like folks who create with words and can make me pause and ponder.

The world needs folks like this --- OK, I'm not sure being able to pun will fill a major world need, yet, in those late-night meetings determining how to make sure every child has a home (news story today about the incredibly large number of children who are homeless in the USA) a person who can ease the tension with a well-placed pun wold be an asset.

How are you exercising your mind?
With what are you filling your brain?
Do you know any good riddles?

If you know this one, I trust you to just opt out --- Riddle me this: "The man can't come home, because the man with the mask is there."

Email your answer to revsj92@gmail.com and the first correct answer wins a prize.....ooo-eeee!!!!

sj;

No comments:

Post a Comment