Saturday, February 27, 2021

Reversal Saran Wrap Spiritual Lesson

 


Several years ago a television commercial which advertised Saran Wrap had a catchy jingle "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that cling" (sung to the tune of "It Don't Mean a Thing if it ain't got that swing").  If this little ditty is now stuck on a loop in your mind, you can thank me later.

A necessary spiritual lesson to learn not only during this Lenten season is the reversal of Saran Wrap and to not cling, to be able to open up and let go.  I am in the remedial learning phase of this lesson. If I was a Star Trek character.....you guessed it...I'd be a. "Cling-On."

I cling to titles, stuff, people who matter to me and past wrongs ---- these are a particular clutching and closing variety even though I keep my ire and hurt hidden and stewing. When one clings one is tight and made small and closed and incapable of opening to what can be.  

If giving up Facebook or the amount of time one spends on the mobile phone or potato chips or ice cream helps you to become a better you, then more power to you and bring on the books and the conversation and the carrot sticks and the fro-yo!  I offer that we also consider checking on to what or whom you cling.  Ask why and then work on doing the really scary yet strong act and open up and let go.......


No comments:

Post a Comment