Tuesday, February 21, 2023

SIGNPOSTS


How do you know where you are? Where you’ve been? Where you’re going?

 

Like town and street signs on the freeway, brightly painted slashes on trees beside the walking trail, schedules and calendars --- we use them all to orient ourselves and navigate our journey.

 

Liturgical seasons are a major way I order my life.  

 

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the liturgical season of Lent.  It's a season that always seems as if it should be spoken in a deep, somber voice and for some it can become intimidating. 

It is a serious season of introspection and looking into self and discovering who you are. 

Yet, it should also be one anticipated for the possibilities of becoming a better me.

 

I’m ready.....


I've selected the new book (THE MEAL THAT RECONNECTS) that I will read along with the Benedictine Sisters of Erie.


I've determined that I will establish and maintain a routine and seek much needed balance in my life....enough is the motto.


I set my intention to know that I can control how I respond to a person, a situation, a comment.


I will write DAILY and post to this blog three times a week (Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays).


I will listen more. 

I will notice more.

I will trust more.

I will risk more.


Presbyterian minister Frederick Buechner wrote, "In the crucible of heat and sand, Jesus was trying to figure out what it meant to be Jesus."  

This Lent in the clouds and warming temperatures, the rain and the greening, I will try to figure out what it means to be Sally.


Are you going on the journey?

Are you ready?


Hold to this....we do not journey alone.....blessed be.


No comments:

Post a Comment