Tuesday, December 4, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: 2


If you spend anytime having conversation with a child, sooner or later you will be asked the question, "What's your favorite color?"

Great question. It reveals your likes. It reveals a bit about your personality; answer black or white and watch the reaction you get from the kid. If the child thinks your cool and happening, your favorite color will soon become hers or his.

Pay attention to the colors of this season. Which ones work for you?

Of course there are the reds and greens, the gold and white, and purple makes a strong appearance this time of year --- that whole royalty thing.

For me, the color of Advent is midnight blue. Maybe it's because Mary is always portrayed wearing blue, although the shade is more royal than midnight. Yet, deep, dark, midnight blue evokes calmness, coolness, crispness, mystery that draws you in.

Make note of the colors that dominate the season. Where do you notice the colors of the season? What does green symbolize for you? Is too much gold color too much? Why red? Where do you see midnight blue?

As part of paying attention this season, watch the colors and notice how you respond.

sj;

2 comments:

  1. Colors...a great subject. I was thinking how much I like different colors for different places. Indoors, I think I like the Christmas reds, greens and golds. Outdoors at night, I love the white lights and the dark blues. To me, purple is a royal color that I love for Christmas. I like that anywhere!!! GREAT question that I very much enjoy answering! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Blog Fan and thanks for making the distinction between indoors and outdoors colors -- an important point. I'm assuming the only place you would not like purple is at a football stadium???

    ReplyDelete