Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Body language

There is a lot of physicality to hope.  Say the phrase...."I hope......" and I naturally inhale, put my shoulders back, head up, jaw set, a slight grin, eyes wide and with forward intention.  The posture of hope is one of readiness and anticipation. 

On Sunday when the news broke of another variant and today when there was yet another school shooting, I hung my head, my sholders sagged, I looked down, I folded in upon myself....I think it's what they mean when they say one is deflated.

Hope is integral to this Advent season, it's the first candle we light, the word emlazoned on banners and church paraments. 

Hope fills us, we expand and look outward, we stand ready and set.  The major lesson of the season is that God, the Creator of all that is, comes to be with us...to be human, to become enfleshed, one of us.  Wow.  It's one of the way cool notions of having a body. You want positive body image?  God became human.  That works.

Throughout this season of Advent pay attention to your body, how you carry yourself. Are you more inflated or deflated?  Are you fearful and downcast or trusting and looking up?

Listen to your body language...you speak volumes.



No comments:

Post a Comment