Thursday, December 2, 2021

Specials

 

'Tis the season...so who or what is your must see Holiday special character? Are you a Rudolph and Hermey?  A why mess with a classic...it's the Grinch! Do you sing along with the Heat and Cold Misers?

As we know, I could've listed many, many more....as many as there are Holiday Specials filling our viewing hours on nearly every channel.

When this pandemic began...sigh.....I checked-in on my crew of self-advocates to let them know I was thinking of 'em and to make certain they were doing OK. In the Spring of 2020, Jan, a person with cross-disabilites shared, "So long as my collection of Christmas movies holds out, I suppose I'll make it through." 

Her answer as to why she watched Christmas specials in the spring is similar to why we watch them year after year:
  • They are famiiliar, consistent, known 
  • The endings are always happy 
  • They call us to our "better angels"
  • They connect us back to our innocence
Consider in the midst of a pandemic and how scary and unsettled and upset and worried ---- Jan's choice of watching Christmas specials was a great idea, a comfort.

Enjoy your favorite Chrismtas special.  May the lessons iimparted, the positive energy and hope received be what we embody and share all year round....off the screen and in our lives;

No comments:

Post a Comment