Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bless this


After a few days at the beach amidst sun, ocean, waves, and an easy pace, I'm beginning to think I could do this kind of gig full time. Therefore, I am seriously considering applying (is that how it's done?) for the position of shaman for some island tribal community....hey,I'm ordained. I would be the visible, go-to person in terms of spiritual guidance, a wise word, perfomer of rituals --- when you think about it, isn't that a lot of the role of clergy anyhow?

Spiritual leaders of any community are often sought to pronounce blessings in formal settings. It's one of the favorite opportunities given me and from benedictions to babies to bake sales, I have blessed them all.

One does not need a formal affair to extend a blessing. In the last few days, I have blessed: the car and the drive; meals ranging from grilled burgers and dogs to a bowl of "Lucky Charms;" the breeding ground of sea turtles; the lighthouse; and the doorway as I head-out each morning.

Here's the truth, one does not have to be ordained nor an island shaman to offer a blessing. All that is needed are the awareness of one's surroundings and a willingness to extend light and good energy to people, persons, places, and situations.

As you go about your day....bless and be a blessing.....we all can offer one and, most definitely, we all can use one.

sj;

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Very Moving. The sea turtles appreciate it as well I am sure! Thanks for inspiring again....

    ReplyDelete